Solomon Islands Government
Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Meteorology (MECDM)
P.O. Box 21, Honiara
Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
|Name of Contract||Contract Number|
|Construction of Buala Provincial Emergency Operation Centre (PEOC) Building||CTB C57/20|
To All Eligible Contractors:
1. The Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Meteorology (MECDM), hereinafter called the “Employer,” shall fund this procurement from its SIG Budget allocation.
2. The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for Constructions of the Buala Provincial Emergency Operation Centre (PEOC) Building.
3. The Employer now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works. Take note that tenderer can bid for only one airport.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) Standard Competitive tendering procedures, and is open to all eligible tenderers as defined in the tender document.
5. To qualify for award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
• SIG-registered company with TIN, certification of business registration, and a bank account, and has been in the business of construction since 2018;
• have successfully completed at least one similar work of similar size or value in similar conditions in the last three years;
• have at its disposal for use in the contract appropriate airport maintenance tools and equipment; have qualified workers and experience supervisor;
• have earned an annual gross sales worth at least twice the total tender price, in any one year in the last three years;
• show evidence in its 2018 financial statement the availability of liquid assets, net of outstanding contractual commitments, of at least 20% of total tender price; alternatively, must show an evidence of access to a credit line with a reputable local bank to finance the contract; and not have been blacklisted nor suspended by any SIG ministry or agency; it must have no record of poor or failure of performance in any of its previous contracts.
6. An Interested eligible tenderer may obtain further information from the Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Meteorology (MECDM) Office at ATL Building, Point Cruz and inspect the Tender Documents at the given address during business hours. You may also contact the office number on phone: 20449/20331 or Email, NRaeka@mecdm.gov.sb or BBago@mecdm.gov.sb
7. A complete set of tender documents in English may be obtained by interested tenderers upon payment of a non- refundable fee of $250. Payment shall strictly be in cash only payable at the Ministry of Finance & Treasury Counter. Receipt must be presented at the above address, a printout copy or a CD can be collected containing a soft copy of the bid document and the BOQ.
8. Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre-tender meeting will commence at 2pm on Wednesday 20th November 2020 at the following address:
MECDM HQ Conference Room
ATL Building, Point Cruz, Honiara.
9. Tenders, comprising the documents identified in the Instruction to Tenderers (ITT), and following the requirements of the ITT, must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00pm (Local Time) on Thursday, 26th November 2020 at the Central Tender Board Cashier at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury Building at Town Ground in Honiara.
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue, Honiara.
10. All tenders shall be accompanied by a copy of the receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document. All Tenders in one (1) original plus two (2) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes marked with the “Tender Number & Tender Name” and the Tenderer’s Name on the outside of the envelope. Late tenders will be rejected. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in the presence of the suppliers’ representative who choose to attend at the address below at 4:00pm on Thursday 26th November 2020.
MOFT Leaf Hut
Ministry of Finance & Treasury
Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue
Honiara, Solomon Islands
11. The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
12. Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favor will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.