ADVERTISEMENT FOR AN ASSISTANT PURCHASING OFFICER
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Assistant Purchasing Officer to join SIPA and support our operations and services rendered to the Public. This position offers autonomy with support from the various Divisions within SIPA. There is also an opportunity to expand your skill set through exposure to other areas of the operations and services.
The Assistant Purchasing Officer is responsible for :
- The cost effective purchasing of goods and services
- Monitoring the receipt of goods and services and preparing of fortnightly reports
- Maintaining relationships and contracts with suppliers for goods or Services
- Processing and Entering of Purchase Requisitions
- Raising of Local & Oversea’s Purchase Orders
- Processing and Handling of all Customs & Excise clearances
- Pickup and Deliver Purchase Order items
Applicants should have solid experience in procurement and relevant qualifications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing applications is also required. Well-developed communication and Negotiating skills as well as a high level of accuracy and attention to detail are essential to this role. Previous industry experience would be and advantage. A valid driver’s license is a must for the position.
Remuneration & Benefits:
A competitive salary package commensurate with the successful applicant’s skills and experience will be offered.
All applications must be received before the close of business on the 23rd September 2014.
Direct all applications to: Chief Executive Officer
Solomon Islands Ports Authority
P O Box 307
Attention: Human Resources Manager