Solomon Islands Government
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
The Construction of Malu’u Wharf and LC Ramp in North Malaita, Malaita Province.
CTB C 25/20
To All Eligible Contractors:
1. In implementing key component of the Solomon Islands Government Economic Stimulus Package, the Government of Solomon Islands, through the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of Malu’u Wharf, Malaita Province. This important infrastructure is the part of the medium term support under the Economic Stimulus Package to stimulate domestic economic growth.
2. The Ministry of Infrastructure Development, hereinafter called the “Purchaser”, shall fund this procurement from the SIG Stimulus Package, and now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works.
3. To qualify for award of the contract, tenderers must meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
a) Have a total value of construction work in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
b) Have experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years:
c) Are able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
d) Have a Construction Manager with three years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager;
e) Provide a Design Engineer with at least five years’ experience in works of a similar nature;
f) Provide a Design Review Engineer with at least five years’ experience in works of a similar nature;
g) Have liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advancement payments which may be under the Contract, of no less than 20per cent of the tender amount; and
h) Note that a consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures, and is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
5. The proposed contract is for the design and replacement or reconstruction of the Malu’u Wharf. The works will involve, but not limited to: Demolition of existing structures, site surveys, structural design and preparation of construction drawings based on concept designs provided by MID, steel piling works, reinforced concrete works, and earthworks including causeway construction, installation of bollards, fenders and ladders. The successful bidder will also be responsible for community consultation, and temporary erosion and sedimentation controls.
6. The time for completion of the Works will be Five (5) months.
7. Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Central Project Implementation Unit
Second Floor, Suite 207, Hyundai Mall
Mendana Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Telephone No.: 21322 or 33362
8. A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD maybe purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non-refundable fee of SBD200.00 for each tender at the MID Cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
9. Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender meeting where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre-tender meeting will commence at 10:00am on Monday 29th June 2020 at the following address:
CPIU Conference Room
Suite 207, Hyundai Mall
Mendana Avenue, Honiara.
10. Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00pm on Thursday 23rd July 2020. Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected. Tenders will be opened physically in the presence of the tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00pm on Thursday 23rd July, 2020.
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue
11. All tenders shall be accompanied by a Bank Guarantee Tender Security of SBD $50,000.00 for each tender and a copy of the receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
12. The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest of any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
13. Any attempt by the tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
Civil Engineering MID-CPIU