SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
CONSULTANT SERVICES - EDUCATION POLICY REVIEW
- The Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development (MEHRD) is seeking expressions of interest from local and international experienced and qualified people to Provide Technical Assistance to undertake an Evaluation of the Graduate Certificate in School Leadership Program.
The School Leadership Program is based on participants undertaking and completing a Graduate Certificate in School Leadership. Approximately 900 current and aspiring school leaders undertook the course. The program was funded by donor partners, managed by MEHRD and delivered by the University of the South Pacific (USP) over the past five years (commenced 2014). It is expected the outcomes of this evaluation will inform MEHRD of the effectiveness of the course in terms of relevancy and quality of course content and delivery within the program and an impact on leadership and teaching and learning practice in schools.
Theevaluation activities to span the 50 days engagement with the consultant’s key tasks in the scope of work.
MEHRD’s main office Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Qualification and Experience
The successful applicant will hold the following Qualifications:
- Minimum educational requirement as a Bachelor of Education
- Master’s Degree or PhD in research management or related discipline.
The successful applicant will possess some or all of the following relevant experience:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in public sector or academic institutions on a similar job for the last two or three years.
- Experience in Educational Policy development
- Research experience including conducting Situation analysis or case studies using class observation tools a d interviews using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Experience in obtaining required information using a range of sources
- Experience in writing evaluation reports
- Experience in teaching, coaching/mentoring or capacity building of staff in developing countries
- Experience in the higher education sector is desirable
- Experience SI Government Ministries or institution or similar organization is a bonus
The Terms of Reference and Request for Proposals can be collected at the Procurement and Contract Management Level 3 Tongs Building, Point Cruz or by contacting Ms Theresa Saveke on phone 28803/28804 or email TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
Proposals must be delivered to the email address: TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sbor to the address below by 14:00 on 31STof October.
The Permanent Secretary