To all Tenderers
Tender Reference Number: MHMS W 33/19, CTB C 45/19
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT CT SCAN BUILDING AT NRH.
- The Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS), hereinafter called the “Purchaser”, invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers to Design and Construct CT Scan Building located at the National Referral Hospital, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
- The Scope of the work includes the design and build of the CT Scan Building in Honiara to accommodate the newly donated CT Scan Machine. Full description of the Specifications and Works Requirement is in the tender documents.
The expected start date on site is: September 2019
The expected completion date is: September 2020
A Contractor will be selected under Solomon Islands Government Competitive Tendering procedures, specified in SIG Interim Financial Instructions and the Procurement and Contract Administration Manual, and is open to all eligible Tenderers.
A complete set of Tender documents in English may be obtained by applying via email to the Tender Administrator or by visiting the Procurement Unit office at MHMS HQ. A tender briefing will be conducted at MHMS HQ for interested Tenderers at the address and time at b) below.
To be eligible for evaluation a tenderer must submit documented evidence that demonstrates compliance to the following criteria:
- be duly registered business under SIG laws;
- have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) issued by the Internal Revenue Division of MOFT;
- A list of all pending litigating and arbitration involving the tenderer or letter to MHMS declaring the tenderer has no pending litigation and arbitration
- maintain a bank account with any bank operating in Solomon Islands; and
- not be subject to ‘blacklisting’ or restrictions to eligibility as per Instruction to Tenderer clause 1.4.
To qualify for award, a tenderer must meet the Purchaser’s experience and qualification requirements, as follows:
- an average volume of similar work of twice the tender price in the last five years;
- experience as prime contractor in the design and build of at least one successfully completed contract of a similar nature and complexity in the last three to five years;
- able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment required to complete the assignment;
- a competent Design team and Construction Manager with minimum of three years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume; and
- liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent (%) of the tender price.
- The Tenderer is to utilise the approved building plan layout (as shown in the Client’s Brief) and submit a concept design of what the building will look like in 3D and showing the side elevations with the tender submission.
- The Tenderer is to submit a detailed costing of the project activities.
- The Tenderer is to submit a detailed works activity program.
- The budget for design and build of the CT scan will be fully funded by the Solomon Islands government. The Purchaser reserves the right to amend the scope of work if required to make the best use of these funds.
- Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures, and is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
Tenders must be delivered in sealed envelopes to the address and before the closing time at c) below. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of the Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend at the address and time at d) below. Late or incomplete tenders shall not be accepted and will be returned to the Tenderer. Tenders shall be valid for a period of 120 days after the deadline of Tender submission. Take note that any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in favour of any tenderer will lead to disqualification of that tenderer and may lead to criminal proceedings.
- Tender Administrator:
Chief Procurement Officer - Infrastructure
Ministry of Health & Medical Services
- Tender Briefing at:
10:00 am, Wednesday 10th July 2019 at the RWASH Conference, EHD, MHMS HQ
- Tender submission/due date:
All tender must be received on or before 2:00 pm Thursday 8th August 2019
- Tender Submission to:
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance & Treasury,
PO Box 26
- Tender Opening at:
The Conference room/Leaf hut, MOFT, Honiara at 2:00pm, Thursday 8th August 2019