EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Date Issued: Wednesday 20th September 2017
TO ALL BUILDING CONTRACTORS
EOI Reference Number: EOI - Project 13257S
CLIENT: MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE, DISASTER MANAGEMENT AND METEOROLOGY (MECDM)
PROJECT NAME: CONSTRUCTION OF NEW MECDM OFFICE BUILDING
As part of the Construction of a New Office Building, the Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Meteorology (MECDM) has engaged Kramer Ausenco to provide the full Architectural, Engineering and Project Management for the construction of the new Office Building to be constructed at Vavaya Ridge, Central Honiara, Solomon Islands.
On behalf of MECDM, we are now inviting eligible Contractors to submit their Expression of Interest for the construction of this facility which includes basement carpark plus three (3) level offices for the Ministry. The total combined floor area of the facility is approximately 2608m2.
Interested contractors are required to comply with the list of strict requirements stated below. EOI submissions will be evaluated and suitable contractors will then be invited to tender for the construction of the new facility. Tender documents will be issued during the tender phase ONLY to the prequalified contractors.
The expected construction start date on site is December 2017 but will be negotiated including the expected completion date with the successful contractor.
A Contractor will be selected under the MECDM Tendering Procedures based on SIG prescribed Tender documentation.
To be considered for selection, a tenderer’s EOI must meet the following requirements with submission of supporting documentation as verification;
- Have successfully completed at least one similar works of similar size with similar technical complexity in the last five years;
- Have at its disposal the use of required building construction equipment;
- Have an experienced regional Construction Manager with more than 10 years’ experience on similar building projects;
- Have an experienced regional Building Project Administrator with at least 5 years’ experience in the South Pacific region including Solomon Islands;
- Have earned an annual gross sales, in building construction, of at least SBD20 Million in any one year in the last five years including works in progress;
- Show evidence in its 2016 and 2017 financial statements the availability of liquid assets net of outstanding contractual commitments, alternatively must show evidence of access to a credit line with a reputable local bank to finance the contract;
- Not have been blacklisted nor suspended by a SIG Ministry or Agency; it must have no record of a poor/failure of performance in any of its previous contracts;
To obtain a copy of the EOI Submission Form document, bidders are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of SBD750 by cash, bank draft, bank cheque payable to SIG at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury Cashier and obtain a receipt.
This receipt must then be presented to Kramer Ausenco Office before a soft copy of the EOI document will be issued. No hardcopy will be provided
To obtain further information, bidders should contact:
The Project Manager
Mr. Maurice Nonipitu
Kramer Ausenco (SI) Ltd
Level 2, ANZ Head Office Building
Prince Philip Highway
Honiara Solomon Islands
Tel: + (677) 21996
The EOI must be delivered in a sealed envelope and endorsed: “EOI– Project 13257S” to the following physical address on or before 5pm Friday 29th September 2017:
Kramer Ausenco (SI) Ltd
ANZ Head Office Building
Prince Philip Highway, Ranadi
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Telephone: + (677) 21996/21997
EOI’s will be opened promptly thereafter and in the presence of MECDM representatives.
Late or incomplete EOI’s shall not be accepted.