SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – REF NO: MTB S11/21
The Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD), is seeking expressions of interest from locally experienced and qualified people to provide the Desktop Publishing Services of MEHRD Local Resources
Purpose of the Assignment
- Create a book template which will be deliberated and approved by MEHRD.
- Edit templates based on feedback and review. This process may require a number of times, until MEHRD is satisfied and endorsed it for use.
- Use only CMYK colour scheme in the DTP process.
- Prepare all artwork in Adobe Photoshop (CS5 or higher) and Adobe Illustrator (CS5 or higher) accordingly.
- All layout should be done on InDesign (CS5 or higher), packaged for submission when completed and surrendered to MEHRD.
- A cover design should also accompany the publication and will be charged separately.
- Styles should be used throughout the layout. This includes all paragraphs, images, illustrations and tables.
- A complete folder with all the assets and resources used in the publication should be packaged from InDesign once the outcome of this service is approved by MEHRD.
- Any copyright material adopted should be acknowledged accordingly. An IP register shall be supplied by the contractor if there is an issue flagged out in the DTP process.
- The IP for all illustrations, diagrams and photo images supplied by the supplier remains the property of MEHRD once the service is completed and disengaged.
Duration: 3 Months (from the signing of the contract)
Location: MEHRD’s main office Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Qualification and Experience Essential
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in education or field related to this area of work
- Experience in Desktop Publishing Services on local resources
- Teaching Experience at least 5 years
- Experience in Curriculum Development
- Experience in professional creation and management over the design of a document
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Higher qualification or equivalent experience
- Fluent on English, Pijin language
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Word
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
The Terms of Reference and Request for Proposal can be collected from Procurement and Contract Management Office; via email TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb
Proposals must be delivered to the email address: TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb or to the address below by 14:00 on 07th October 2021.
The Permanent Secretary
P.O. Box G28
Honiara, Solomon Islands