EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTANCY SERVICES)
PROJECT MANAGER OPEN EDUCATION MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SERVICES
The Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD), is seeking expressions of interest from locally experienced and qualified people for Provision of Technical Assistance for Project Manager for the Open Education Management Information Services (OpenEMIS)
Purpose of the Assignment
This document outlines the scope of work for a suitably qualified person to work within the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development’s (MEHRD’s) Information Systems’ Division to support the staff in the project management of the new Open EMIS project that replaces the old SIEMIS (PINEAPPLE System). The project was started in 2019 and the implementation of the phases to the completion of the project was slow for a number of reasons such as the COVID-19, resourcing, coordination and collaboration between CFS, the OpenEMIS software developer in Singapore, MEHRD Divisions/Work Units, The Education Authorities and Schools so a position of project manager is needed to oversee the roll out of the milestones to complete the phases of this project in a timely manner. The project management position included planning and organization of the Implementation of OpenSIEMIS project including the development of an EMIS policy, operating procedures and user guides; delivering training; technical system configuration and increasing awareness across MEHRD divisions and management, EAs and schools.
The time frame for the duration of consultancy work will be up to 145 days. It will be effective as of when the TA commences employment.
Location: MEHRD Office at Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree qualification in a related field is essential
- A relevant post-graduate qualification in ICT or data management is desirable.
Essential experience and knowledge
- Senior level experience in data management information systems.
- Experience with large scale data collections and IT applications in developing, implementing and managing IT & Communications systems. Also, possess broad practical experience on SQL.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in writing and presenting “user friendly” training material and supporting users through the implementation phase of a new system.
- Experience in the education sector in the Pacific or another developing country is highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Pidgin English useful.
- Experience in the Solomon Islands Education system or a similar setting
- Fluent in Solomon Islands Pijin language
- Excellent in oral and written English languages
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
The Terms of Reference (ToR) can be collected at the Procurement and Contract Management Unit, Level 3 Tongs Building, Point Cruz from 0900 to 1700 or by contacting Anita Ringi via email ARingi@mehrd.gov.sb.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 17:00 on 23rd September 2021.
Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development
P.O. Box G28
Attn: Procurement Manager