REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Mekem Strong Solomon Islands Fisheries (MSSIF) Programme
Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources, Honiara
Consultancy Reference Number: MSSIF 08/19
Expressions of Interest- National Consultant
Develop MFMR website
The MSSIF Programme is funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme and has a goal to support MFMR in the sustainable development and management of fisheries resources to ensure long term benefits for the people of Solomon Islands.
A consultancy opportunity (30 person days between 1 January 2019 to 31stMay 2020 plus 5 days between 1stJune to 30thNovember 2020) is available for a national consultant to develop a website for the MFMR. The objective of the MFMR communications strategy is to provide the Ministry with guidelines for its communication outreach and to explain what it wants to achieve, its brand or storyline, the core messages, partners it can work with to communicate its message. One of the main channels of communication is the MFMR Website.
The MFMR has a functioning website built on Django https://www.fisheries.gov.sb/ which provides information to customers, stakeholders, partners and donors and the general public. The website has not kept pace with restructuring of the MFMR, new legislation and increased capacity in the MFMR to populate the site. Currently it is not used to its full potential.
This consultancy is for an experienced web designer to develop a new MFMR Website
In consultation with the website committee of the MFMR the consultant will be required to :
- Hold a consultation meeting with MFMR website committee to develop a workplan. This should consider and identify roles, including who is responsive for providing the initial contents (and which content to be transferred from the original website).
- Work with the website committee to finalise and agree on the requirements including the new structure and features. The starting point and reference will be the findings and recommendations from an internal review.
- Develop a prototype website (version 1), in close collaboration with the website committee.
- Present Version 1 to a staff consultation meeting facilitated by the MFMR website committee and seek input
- Develop the production website Version 2 in close collaboration with the website committee.
- Complete testing of Version 2 with a selected group of staff seeking feedback.
- Undertake revisions based on feedback and prepare for going live
- Provide an updated user manual for the Web Master
- Provide trouble shooting support for 6 months
The MFMR now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide a brief Expression of Interest including information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (including summary CV, description of similar assignments, experience with SIG processes etc.) and daily fee rate that is inclusive of the consultants tax obligations and all on costs.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Procurement and Contract Administration Manual and SIG Financial Instructions 2010.
Interested consultants may obtain a copy of the detailed TOR during office hours (0900-1600 Monday to Friday)from the MSSIF Programme, Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources Headquarter on Phone: 39143 or 386741 or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 30thOctober 2019.