REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES)
Pacific Islands Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP)
Loan No. /Credit No.5567-SB/Grant D015-SB/ Grant No.: TF018607
Assignment Title: Environmental and Social Safeguards Consultant
Reference No.: PROP/MFMR/C23
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MFMR) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Islands Regional OceanscapeProgram (PROP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include providing advice, support and oversight to MFMR on environmental and social safeguards issues on projects funded by PROP in MFMR, including training of MFMR staff and PROP project staff and maintaining the ESMF and developing other key environmental and social safeguard documents, and undertaking impact assessments as required. The role will form part of the project team in MFMR for a period of 11 months approximately till September 2020. The position will work from home, with periodic in-country trips as and when required. The expected start date is in late October/early November 2019.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained by email to: STuti@fisheries.gov.sbor telephone: +677 39143.
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resourcesnow invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (attach curriculum vitae with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc.). Firms’ staff may express interest through the employing firm for the assignment and, under such situation, only the experience and qualifications of individuals shall be considered in the selection process. The criteria for selecting the Consultant are:
- Must have excellent project management experience, understanding the application of World Bank’s systems, processes and tools on the management of environmental and social safeguards issues;
- Must have experience in the provision of strategic advice and oversight of the Environmental and Social Management Framework and its application on project activities, managing grievances and ensuring issues are addressed and providing input as required on concept notes, proposals and terms of references;
- Must have experience in undertaking assessments such as social and environmental assessments and monitoring and reporting on issues and developing management plans;
- Must have experience working for a government agency or an agency or organisation in the Pacific region in a similar role and must demonstrate understanding of the Pacific context;
- Must have experience in identifying the capacity gaps and tailoring a training program using a range of adult learning methods and able to deliver to a range of stakeholders;
- Must have experience in stakeholder consultation, engagement and management and able to translate issues and able to provide a clear path of responding to environmental and social safeguard issues; and
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, be able to contribute effectively to a team and provide outputs in a timely manner and to quality standards.
The attention of interested Consultants (including firms) is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers,January 2011 and Revised July 2014(“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V of the Consultant Guidelines. Firms expressing interest and proposing the name of an individual for the assignment should take note of paragraph 5.5 of the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 6thNovember 2019.
Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources
Attn: Ms. Samantha Tuti, PROP Project Coordinator
P.O Box G2, Kukum Highway
Honiara, Solomon Islands