International Labour Organisation (ILO) EU STREIT PNG
Country office. Suva, Fiji ILO Programme office
Department of Agriculture and Livestock Compound
Road, Wewak, East Sepik, Papua Nov Guinea
INVITATION FOR PARTICIPATION
(First date of Publication: 08 September 2021)
l . The EU funded Support to Rural Entrepreneurship, Investment and Trade in Papua New Guinea (EUSTREIT PNG) aims to contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic development in East Sepik and Sandaun Provinces. The ILO has been tasked to implement the transport infrastructure component of the project, thereby improving access to communities and markets, in particular those linked to the agriculture value chain development.
2. The ILO Programme Office in Wewak invites legally registered contractors to participate in training for "Labour based technology of roadvconstruction and maintenance" so as to meet the mandatory eligibility criteria for bidding as specified in the ILO Standard Bidding Document for EU-STREIT PNG.
3. The prospective bidders may only participate in training virtually due to COVID-19 protocol of social distancing.
4. The mandatory training on labour based technology for road construction and maintenance shall be organised on 14 September 2021, Tuesday from 11 hours.-17:OO hours (PNG Standard Time) virtually through httpsY/zoom.us/V93064172505?pwd=Z04rLOttZPd4-RKh4UOxybXh3dEdKdz09 or join through zoom meeting ID: 930 6417 2505 with passcode: ilo.
5. The prospective bidders who choose to participate in training shall confirm their participation to email: email@example.com and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16:00 hours of 13 September 2021. The non-confirmed participants shall not be allowed to attend the virtual training.
6. The prospective bidders who do not participate in training for 'labour based technology of road construction and maintenance shall be considered ineligible from further process of competitive bidding of ILO for EU-STREIT PNG.
7. The ILO will provide training certificate to the contractors who have successfully participate in training.
8. The prospective bidders may obtain further information regarding training from the ILO Training Officer based at ILO Programme Office, Wewak on Office Cell (+675 77004114) or Email: email@example.com