The Solomon Islands Ports Authority (SIPA) is a State Owned Enterprise established under the Ports Act (1956) and governed under the State Owned Enterprises (SOE) (2007) Act. SIPA is mandated to provide essential port and stevedoring services at the tow declared ports in Solomon Islands; Honiara and Noro at competitive pricing and excellent service delivery that supports the growth of our economy.
A vacancy exists for a LEGAL COUNSEL for Company, the Authority is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experience persons to fill the position. This is a management position the authority, who will provide legal advise to Management and the Board on all legal matters pertaining to the authority, and to represent the authority in courts.
Applicants to the position are expected to have the following;
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Ports Act, the SOE Act, Corporate law and its procedures
- Full comprehension of the influence of the external environment of a Statutory Body
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of profession athletics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Have a Law degree (preferably in commercial Law)
- Must have a valid practicing Certificate
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and should be marked and addressed as follows;
The Chief Executive Officer Solomon Islands Ports Authority
P O Box 307, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Applications will close on the 23rd of September 2016 at the close of Business.
Further details of job description for this position can be found on Solomon Islands Services by email email@example.com or phone 22646 extension 134 or by mobile 7880137