INVITATION TO BID
Solomon Islands Pacific Islands Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP)
Loan No. /Credit No.5567-SB/Grant D015-SB/ Grant No.: TF018607
Assignment Title: Major Renovation of Observer Office Building
Reference No.: PROP/MFMR/W3
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MFMR) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Islands Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for works.
The works include pulling down of parts of the building, (roofing to be changed, ceiling to be fully changed with recommended material) block works for walls that will be altered for a new planned windows, plastering, changing of the roofing, painting, tiling, electrical services and glazing of the whole building. There is a planned bathroom and toilet that will also be erected as extension, supporting documents detailing the works is annexed. The annexes provided the floor plan of the renovation requirement, and the Bill of Quantity which would allow firms to do their costing. To assist you in the preparation of your price quotation please arrange to collect necessary Specifications, Bill of Quantities, Drawings and Form of Contract at the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources, Headquarter, Kukum Highway.
The detailed Scope of Works, drawings, Bill of Quantities and other necessary forms and documents for the assignment can be obtained by email to: STuti@fisheries.gov.sbor JKaikari@fisheries.gov.sbor telephone: +677 39143 or collected at the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources.
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resourcesnow invites eligible bidders (Works) to indicate their interest for the alteration and renovation works to the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MFMR) Observers Office. Interested Bidders should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Works (attach work experience with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc.). The criteria for selecting the Contractors are:
- Construction firm currently registered to submit plans to the Provincial Town and Country Planning Board and other relevant authorities;
- The firm must have a valid business license to engage in construction activities;
- At least 3 years relevant experiences as contractors doing works of similar nature;
- The firm must have qualified technical staff with experience in different fields (plumbing, electrical, and carpentry);
- Good knowledge of the Solomon Islands Government Building Standards (Draft National Building Code);
- Proven ability to provide accurate works according to plan, time and budget;
- Is knowledgeable of Solomon Islands context; and
- The firm is expected to have qualified technical staff for removal of materials that are toxic and deposed at the right place,
The attention of interested Firms (Works) is drawn to the World Bank’s Guidelines for Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants – Goods , Works and Non-Consulting Services (July 2014), which can be found at http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/492221459454433323/Procurement GuidelinesEnglishJuly12014.pdfparticularly Clauses 1.6, 1.7, 1.16 and 3.5.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00 hours.
Bids must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by Friday 27thMarch 2020.Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources Attn: Ms. Samantha Tuti, PROP Project Coordinator P.O Box G2, Kukum Highway Honiara, Solomon Islands Tel:+677 391423 E-mail: STuti@fisheries.gov.sb