The Manager Finance is a member of Solomon Power's extended management team. The role is primarily responsible for the efficient and effective setup and delivery of the finance department
services through its policies and procedures; the management; the implementation and monitoring of the Solomon Power Procurement Policy, Finance Procedures and Processes.
The Manager Finance will drive the effective and efficient delivery of the functions assigned to the team.
Part of the leadership team in the finance division and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position carries out all tasks associated to the day to day operation of the Finance department from ensuring effective and efficient delivery of services, facilitating and implementing strategies and action plans, financial compliance and risk analysis.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Effectively and efficient Daily Operation of the Finance Department
- Facilitate and Implement Finance Division Strategies and action plans in support of Solomon Power’s Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Oversee, Implement and enhance systems of financial controls and compliance.
- Mitigate Financial risks.
- Leadership and Management
- Support to the CFO Executive Management Team
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and member of a Professional accounting society.
At least 5 years work experience in a senior financial management position.
Skills and abilities
- Solomon Islands Legislation in particular the income tax act, Electricity Act and the State Owned Enterprise Act
- International Finance Reporting Standards and how they relate to Solomon Power
- Significant practical financial management experience in a commercial organization
- Demonstrate experience in Payroll, Procurement/Logistics and inventory management is an advantage
- Ability to understand stakeholders needs and translate them into documents and action plans
- Disciplined self management skills, ability to uphold and role model organisational values
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Applications close @ midday on 23rd December, 2016.
Please contact Levan Respioh for the role statement for the “Manager Finance” on telephone number 30980 or email: email@example.com. If you think you have what it takes and want to be a part of the Solomon Power team, send in your application with your updated CV detailing your qualification, relevant experience with referee details. This should be forwarded no longer than the date mentioned. All applications should be clearly marked stating the role you are applying for and forwarded to: Manager Human Resources & Administration, Solomon Power, PO Box 6, HONIARA.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants, however, only those qualified will be screened and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.