SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANT SERVICES
The Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD), is seeking expressions of interest from locally and International experienced and qualified people for a Short Term Technical Assistance to provide Support to Teaching and Learning New Projects.
Management of the curriculum review and development cycle has been a challenge for the past years. Thus, major curriculum development work is yet to be implemented despite recent huge progress in this area. Most primary subject syllabuses in junior secondary have been completed except for the ICT syllabus. All core primary subject syllabuses are approved and the Senior Secondary Curriculum Framework has been completed. Work is in progress will the remaining primary syllabuses which are expected to be completed by end of 2019.
Up to 20 working days
MEHRD’s main office Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Qualification and Experience
The successful applicant will hold the following Qualifications:
- Minimum educational requirement us a Bachelor of Education
The successful applicant will possess some or all of the following relevant experience:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position in public sector or academic institutions on a similar job for the last two or three years.
- Research experience including conducting situation analysis and interviews using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Experience in writing reports
- Experience in the education sector is desirable
- Experience SI Government Ministries or institution or similar organization is a bonus
- The successful applicant will possess some or all of the following relevant skills:
- Advanced project management skills to be able to work independently
- Ability to provide mentoring and capacity building to colleagues
- Good facilitation skills and good communicator
- Advance computer skills
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
The Terms of Reference and Request for Proposal can be collected at the Procurement and Contract Management Office, Level 3 Tongs Building, Point Cruz or by contacting Ms Theresa Saveke on phone 28803/28804 or email TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb
Proposals must be delivered to the email address: TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sbor to theaddress below by 14:00 on 12th September 2019.
The Permanent Secretary