Solomon Islands Government
Ministry of Health and Medical Services
P O Box 349
Invitation to Tender
Tender Reference Number MHMS S 02/20
The GAVI Health System Strengthening Project under the Ministry of Health & Medical Services (MHMS) requests the Provision of Consultancy Services for the conduct of External Audit Services.
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services wish to invite interested eligible consultants to submit tenders for the Provision of Consultancy Services for the conduct of an external audit of the GAVI funded projects for the Ministry of Health & Medical Services.
The task is to provide an independent audit report on the financial statements of the GAVI Alliance Health System Strengthening grant funding for the period from 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2019. There is a requirement also to provide a management letter setting out the auditors key findings. The service is expected to start on or before the 1stApril 2020 and is expected to be completed on or before the 8thJune 2020.
A single consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Procurement and Contract Administration Manual and SIG Financial Instructions 2013. Full details are provided in the Terms of Reference contained in the bidding documents;
To be eligible for evaluation a tenderer must meet the following criteria:
- be duly registered business under SIG laws;
- have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) issued by the Inland Revenue Division of MOFT;
- maintain a bank account with any bank operating in Solomon Islands; and
- not be subject to ‘blacklisting’ or restrictions to eligibility as per Instruction to Tenderer clause 1.4.
To qualify for award, a tenderer must meet the Purchaser’s experience and qualification requirements, as follows:
- be an independent accounting and auditing firm;
- experienced in auditing and registered by a National and/or Regional Accounting and Auditing Board acceptable to Gavi;
- should provide at least five (5) references from comparable audits undertaken with the last five (5) years;
- have appropriate professional accounting qualifications (CA, CPA or similar);
- be a member of the Institute of Solomon Islands Accountants (ISIA); and
- have a minimum of 5 years financial statement audit experience.
Interested Tenderers may obtain further information on the eligibility and qualification requirements, the Letter of Invitation, and the standard Bidding Documents by applying by email to the Tender Administrator.
Tender Administrator: Grace Lamana, Grace.Lamana@moh.gov.sb
The Tender will close at 4 pm, Monday 16thMarch 2020 at the Tender Box, Procurement Unit, Ministry of Health & Medical Services, Chinatown, Honiara Solomon Islands. Responses are to be in two separate envelopesmarked ‘Technical’ and ‘Financial’.