Solomon Islands Pacific Islands Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP)
Loan No. /Credit No.5567-SB/Grant D015-SB/ Grant No.: TF018607
Assignment Title: Noro Monitoring, Control and Surveillance Outlaying Centre Construction
Reference No.: PROP/MFMR/W1
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MFMR) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Islands Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the works i.e. the construction of the MFMR Monitoring, Control and Surveillance Office in Noro.
The detailed Scope of Works, drawings, Bill of Quantity Template and other necessary forms and documents for the assignment can be obtained by email to: STuti@fisheries.gov.sb or JKaikari@fisheries.gov.sb or telephone: +677 39143 or collected at the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources.
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources now invites eligible bidders for the Construction of the MFMR Monitoring and Surveillance Outlaying Office at Noro, Western Province. Interested Bidders should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Works (attach work experience with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc.). The criteria for selecting the Contractors are:
• The firm must have a valid business license to engage in construction activities;
• At least 3 years relevant experiences as contractors doing works of similar nature;
• The firm must have qualified technical staff with experience in different fields (plumbing, electrical, and carpentry);
• Good knowledge of the Solomon Islands Government Building Standards (Draft National Building Code);
• Proven ability to provide accurate works according to plan, time and budget;
• Is knowledgeable of Solomon Islands context; and
• Other criteria as listed in the tender documents, particularly those stated in the Standard Bidding Document, Part 1 Bidding Procedures, Section III – Evaluation and Qualification Criteria.
The attention of interested Firms (Works) is drawn to the World Bank’s Guidelines for Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants – Goods , Works and Non-Consulting Services (July 2014), which can be found at
http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/492221459454433323/Procurement GuidelinesEnglishJuly12014.pdf particularly Clauses 1.6, 1.7, 1.16 and 3.5.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00 hours.
All Building Construction Contractors are encouraged to apply for this opportunity to support MFMR to build this very significant EM Office Building.
Bids must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail to the following address below) by 26th February 2021.
Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources
Attn: Dr. Christain Ramofafia, Permanent Secretary
P.O Box G2, Kukum Highway
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Or emailed to: