Solomon Islands Government
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Transport Sector Development Project
Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
Name of Contract
Periodic & Routine Maintenance of Unsealed Roads in Honiara: East/Central, (Total Length of 10.07km)
TI HON 08/19 CTB C 37 /19
To All Eligible Contractors:
- The Ministry of Infrastructure Development, hereinafter called the “Purchaser,” shall fund this procurement from the NTF budget.
- The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works.
- To qualify for award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
- Minimum average annual turnover (average annual gross sales) from construction business in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
- Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years;
- Able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
- A Construction Manager with five years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and
- Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount;
- A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification
- Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures, and is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
- The proposed contract is intended for Periodic and Routine Maintenance of unsealed Roads in Honiara, East / Central. Total length of 10.07KM
The work shall be carried out for a period of Twenty Four (24) months for periodic and routine maintenance works.
Periodic/Routine Maintenance Works
Grade to required camber and compact existing gravel road. Supply, spread and compact selected fill materials on potholes and depressions, Supply, spread and compact crushed aggregate base course, (100mm thick), Remove and replace all unsuitable base materials, Removal of litter and other road debris, Vegetation Trimming and Removal, Clear Road Side and Mitre Drains, De-silting Culverts and Cleaning of Culvert Inlets and outlets and De-silting of Gulley Pits and Clear Structures and their Waterways.
- Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Central Project Implementation Unit
Second Floor, Suite 207, Hyundai Mall
Mendana Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands Telephone No.: 21322 or 33362
- A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non- refundable fee of SBD200.00 at the MID Cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
- Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre-tender meeting will commence at 10:00 am on Friday 14th June 2019 at CPIU Conference room at the above address
- Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00 pm on Thursday 27th June 2019. Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected.
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue Honiara.
- Tenders will be physical opened in the presence of the tenders representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00pm on Thursday 27th June 2019.
Ministry of Finance and Treasury
- All tenders shall be accompanied by a Tender Security and a copy of the SIG receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
- The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
- Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.