SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANT SERVICES
The Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD), is seeking expressions of interest from locally and International experienced and qualified people for the
- Provision of Design Consultancy Services for Re-documentation and Structural Certification of Typical School Buildings for the Solomon Islands Government CTB C 69/1
The Solomon Islands Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development (MEHRD) want to upgrade schools using existing standard building designs. It has come to the attention of MEHRD that existing building documentation does not include structural design and certification for loads imposed by earthquakes and cyclones; accessibility provisions (ramps, handrails, grab-rails, door widths, signage, etc.); or general safety provisions (fall-proof balustrades, etc.).
MEHRD therefore proposes to engage the services of a Design Consultant Firm to upgrade standard MEHRD drawing packages to include:
- Structural design, detailing and certification;
- Accessibility design principles (ramps, handrails, grab rails, etc.);
- Safe design principles (fall-proof balustrades, etc.);
- Rainwater harvesting (steel roofs, fascia’s, gutters, downpipes, etc.);
- Standardised details across drawing sets (fascia’s, barges, capping’s, etc.);
Construction Specification describing standard construction methodology, materials, finishes, etc. and important hold points for use during construct.
Estimated period: 2 months. Subject to program proposal.
MEHRD’s main office Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Qualification and Experience
- The consultant is to have experience in Architectural and Technical Engineering Services with understanding of the technical context of structural design in the Pacific
- The consultant is to provide experience and knowledge in designing for the conditions of the Pacific, including cyclone, earthquake and wind loading.
- The consultant is to have recent experience in similar design projects in developing countries over the last five years
- The consultant is to have experience in designing with safety and accessibility provisions as per technical requirements
- The consultant firm needs to provide a multi-disciplinary team. Current assessment of required team: Team Leader/ Project Manager; Structural Engineer; Documentation Architect.
- The consultant is to provide at least one team member who have a current registration as a Chartered Structural Engineer in Australia, New Zealand or equivalent that can provide certification for the designs.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
The Terms of Reference and Request for Proposal can be collected at the Procurement and Contract Management Office, Level 3 Tongs Building, Point Cruz or by contacting Ms Theresa Saveke on phone 28803/28804 or email TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb
Proposals must be delivered to theaddress below by 14:00 on 3 October 2019:
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury Leaf Hut
Honiara, Solomon Islands
All Tenders may be submitted in one (1) original plus one (1) copy, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes.
Tenders will also be accepted by email to to the email address Tenders@sig.gov.sbwith clearly stated Subject: Request for Proposals (RFP) For Provision of Design Consultancy Services for Re-documentation and Structural Certification of Typical School Buildings for the Solomon Islands Government CTB C 69/19
Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in the presence of Suppliers’ representatives who choose to attend the opening.