SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Invitation of Bids
Provision of Shipping Services
Contract FSS-MID TI-MP 02/16 CTB C13/16-FR3 (Sikaiana)
Contract FSS-MID TI-MP 69/15 CTB C14/16-FR4 (Shortlands)
Contract FSS-MID TI-MP 70/15 CTB C80/15-RF5 (Rennell and Bellona)
Contract FSS-MID GP 6/16-FR7 (Guadalcanal Weather Coast)
5th August 2016
Grant: 0127-Domestice Maritime Support project
Deadline for Bids
15th September firstname.lastname@example.org(local time Honiara
- The Solomon Islands Government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have allocated grants for the Domestic Maritime Support (Sector) Project (DMSP). Part of the grants will be used for the provision of subsidized shipping services to remote areas. The terms and conditioned of the contracts and payments shall be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Grant Agreement, including the ADB’s procurement guidelines. Bidding is only open to bidders from eligible member of the ADB.
- The Ministry of Infrastructure Development (MID), represented by the Permanent Secretary MID (the Franchisor), now invites sealed bids for the provision of shipping services to the following locations (routes):
- Sikaiana Malaita Outer Island
- Shortland Islands
- Rennel and Bellona
- The services consists of the provision of passenger and cargo shipping services to specific call points at the location nominated above. The voyage frequency is one voyage per month except for iii which is on fortnight basis. The contract period is two (2) years.
- A voyage subsidy will be paid by the Franchisor for each completed voyage for which the Operator provides a service in accordance with the contract. Bidders will submit a bid for their required voyage subsidy for the contract for which they are bidding.
- National Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage:One-Envelop Bidding Procedure.
- Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Bidders with one (1) year of experience operating a passenger and cargo vessel in the South Pacific region;
- Bidders nominating vessels having the minimum passenger and cargo capacity specified in the respective bidding document for the contract; and,
- Bidder’s nominating vessels having the minimum safety certification of “Inshore” classification.
- To obtain further information and to inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
Mr Harry Rini
Franchise Shipping Scheme Manager
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Hyundai Building, Mendana Avenue,
Tel. No: (677) 21322
- To purchase the bidding documents, eligible bidders should:
- Visit the office of the Domestic Maritime Support located in the Workshop Compound of the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, Mendana Avenue, Honiara after paying a non-refundable fee of SBD200 by cash or bank draft payable to ‘The Solomon Islands Government’ at the Ministry of Infrastructure Development Head Office, Mendana Avenue, Honiara.
- Request delivery by sending a written application to the office of the Franchise Shipping Scheme Manager, Ministry of Infrastructure Development, P O Box G8, Honiara, requesting the bidding document for the contract. The application must include a Bank draft payable to ‘The Solomon Islands Government’, for the amount of SBD200 (domestic delivery) or USD$50 plus a USD$75 prepaid air-courier bag for overseas delivery. The Franchise Shipping Scheme Manager will promptly dispatch the documents but under no circumstances will be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so mailed.
- All bids must be comprised of one (1) stamped “Original” and one (1) copy stamped “copy”, each of which should be inserted in an envelope and all two envelopes placed in a larger outer envelope. The outer and inner envelopes must be marked only with the contract number and the contract name. Bids for separate contracts must be placed in separate envelopes.
- All bids must be delivered to the following address:
The Chairman, Central Tender board
Ground Floor, Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Mendana Drive, Point Cruz
Honiara, Solomon Islands
On or before Thursday 15th September 2016 2:00 local Solomon Islands time.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration using the form provided in the bidding document. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the Leaf Hut, Central Tenders Board, Ministry of Finance and Treasury, Mendana Avenue, Point Cruz, Honiara. Late bids will be rejected.
- All prospective bidders are invited to attend the pre-paid briefings to be held at the MID Conference Room, MID Head Office Building, Mendana Avenue, Honiara Solomon Islands starting at 9:00am on Wednesday 31st August 2016.
- The CTB is not bound to accept the lowest or any bid. Failure to comply with the bid instructions may lead to disqualification of the bid.
- Any attempt by a bidder to influence the award of the bid in their favour will cause automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.