Ministry of Infrastructure Development Transport Sector Development Project
Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
Name of Contract
April Ridge Road Upgrading Project. Total Length 0.62km, Honiara, Guadalcanal Province.
TI-HON 36/16 CTB C 88/16
To ALL Eligible Contractors:
- The Ministry of infrastructure Development, hereafter called the “Purchaser,” shall fund this procurement from the SIG budget.
- The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works.
- To qualify for the award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
- a total value of construction work equivalent to the tender amount in the last five years;
- experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years;
- able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
- a Construction Manager with three years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and
- liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount;
- a consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of the Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
- Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from: Ministry of Infrastructure Development Central Project Implementation Unit
Second Floor, Suite 207, Hyundai Mall Mendana Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands Telephone No: 21322 or 33362.
- A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non-refundable fee of SBD200.00 at the MID HQ Cashier and obtain a receipt. On presentation of this receipt at the above address, a CD can be collected containing a softcopy of the bid document.
- Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender document. This pre-tender meeting will commence at 10:00am on Wednesday 17th August 2016 at the following address:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development HQ,
Mendana Avenue, Honiara.
- Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00pm on Thursday 1st September 2016. Electronic tendering Shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected. Tenders will be opened physically in the presence of the tenderers representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00pm on Thursday 1st September 2016.
The Chairman Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury Point Cruz,
Mendana Avenue, Honiara.
- All tenders shall be accompanied by a Tender Securing which shall be $100,000.00 payable to the Solomon Islands Government in a bank order or bank cheque (not personal or company cheque).
- The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
- Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.