Solomon Islands Government
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Invitation for Tenders (IFT)
|Name of Contract||Contract Number
Tl GP 18/21 CTB C 50/21
|THE ROUTINE MAINTENANCE OF EAST GUADALCANAL LOT 3 FROM MBERANDE TO WEST END OF MBOKOKIMBO BRIDGE -10.35KM|
To All Eligible Contractors:
1. The Ministry of Infrastructure Development, hereinafter called the "Purchaser," shall fund this procurement from SIG budget
2. The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above-described Works.
3. To qualify for award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
a) Minimum average annual turnover (average annual gross sales) from construction business in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
b) Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years;
c) Able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
d) A Construction Manager with five years' experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and
e) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount;
f) A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures, and is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
5. SCOPE AND DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
The Work to be carried out under this contract comprises the "Routine Maintenance of East Guadalcanal Highway Lot 3, from East end Mbarande to West end Mbokokimbo Bridge excluding the 2 bridges at both ends. (Road Length = 10.350 kilometres)" in Guadalcanal Province of the Solomon Islands.
[For geo-location refer to LOCATION MAP]
1.1. DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
The Routine Maintenance Work shall be carried out for a period of Twenty Four 24) Months and shall include but not limited to the following works:
Routine Maintenance Works,
- Pothole patching
- Repair edge break
- Repair of damaged pavement including base reconstruction
- Grade to required camber and compact existing gravel road,
- Thoroughly compact the base of the excavation to 95%) of the Maximum Dry Density
- As determined by AS 12126.96.36.199 or a standard acceptable by the Engineer
- Fill with an approved base material to comply with gradation approved standard or as approved by the Engineer, in layers of not less than 50mm, nor greater than 100mm loose measurement. Moisten the material as necessary to achieve optimum water
- content to allow maximum compaction of the road base
- Compact each layer to 98% of maximum Dry Density as determined by AS 12188.8.131.52
- or as approved by the Engineer
- Removal of litter, loose materials, silt and other debris from road corridor throughout
- the entire road length,
- Clear roadside drain and mitre drains.
- Desilt and clear culverts including inlets and outlets, 12 No. of culverts
Vegetation control and trimming in accordance to Clause 9.1.
The work shall further include all other work, which the contractor is or may be obliged to by the terms of the Contract to undertake together with any work, which is necessary or incidental to the work and all associated coordination and supervision of such work.
The location of the Works is in Guadalcanal Province, Solomon Islands as indicated on the attached map, the Employers delegate or his representative shall carry out an initial site visit with the winning bidder to identify the work site.
The Routine Maintenance of this sealed road shall be executed using Modern Machinery in accordance to the specifications provided with the incorporation of any appropriate method.
In the event that adverse weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstance/s may have affected the Works Program, the Contractor shall notify the Superintendent who may extend the Completion date by a period determined by him without additional costs accruing to the Contract, provided the Contractor has supportive documentary evidence to substantiate that the average inclement weather conditions or prevailing unforeseen circumstance/s is over and above such conditions that prevailed in that locality in the previous 10 years.
The Works are to be completed in time such that the Contractor is able to submit his Final Claim by the end of Twenty Four (24) Months after the date of commencement.
Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Central Project Implementation Unit, Melanesian Haus Town ground Mendana Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands Telephone No.: 21322 or 22262
6. A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non- refundable fee of SBD200.00 at the MID / MOFT Cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
7. Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre- tender meeting will commence at 10:00 am on Thursday 23th September 2021 at CPIU Conference room at the above address
8. Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00 pm on Thursday 30th September 2021. Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected,
Central Tender Board Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue Honiara.
9. Tenders will be physical opened in the presence of the tender's representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00pm on Thursday 30th September 2021. Leaf Haus Ministry of Finance and Treasury Honiara,
10. All tenders shall be accompanied by a Tender Security and a copy of the SIG receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
11. The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
12. Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic dis. qualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
Mike Qaqara SIrector (Ag)