Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
TEL: 21863. FAX: 28649
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced people for the position of Secretary to Prime Minister which is now vacant within the Office of the Prime Minister & Cabinet. The position of Secretary to Prime Minister is a Permanent Secretary position. Both women and men, and from all Provinces are encouraged to apply.
THE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE REQUIRED
Document 1: PS Form 1-Application for Employment-Solomon Islands Public Service, Cover Sheet.
Document 2: Letter of Application.
A standard format-Information Sheet 1 is available from the Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet or from the Public Service
Document 3: Curriculum Vitae (CV).
A standard format-Information Sheet 2: is available from the Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet or from the Public Service
Document 4: Certified copies of your qualifications and work experiences
Note: You do NOT have to provide copies of Medical Report and Police Clearance when you apply, but if you are shortlisted, this will be discussed with you.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THE SUCCESSFUL CANDITATE WILL HAVE TO SIGN A PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT AFTER ENGAGEMENT.
IF YOU WANT TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS:
- About the application and its requirement OR
- About responsibilities, duties and conditioned of service
Contact Human Resources Manager, Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
OPTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DEPARTMENT:
- By mail-one (1) copy
Secretary to Cabinet
Office of the Prime Minister
P O Box G1
- Or Hand delivered (1) copy to:
Human Resource Manager
Office of the Prime Minister
Honiara or by email: Christian.Neing@pmc.gov.sb
1. Vacancy Number 281-00002
2. Post Title: Secretary to Prime Minister
3. Level: Super Scale 4 (SS4)
4. Responsible to: The Honorable Prime Minister
5. Scope of Duties:
Lead, manage and improve the Office of the Prime Minister’s (OPMC) operations while contributing to the development and fulfillment of the vision for the Office, including the coordination of the whole Government policy implementation, the Solomon Islands Public Service and the Solomon Islands Government.
7.0 Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and coordinate OPMC’s operations, including finance, staff, systems and processes, for the efficient and effective implementation of planned outputs;
- Be accountable for and provide timely and advice on, the development and implementation of whole of government and ministerial policies and programs, on behalf of, and to the Honorable Prime Minister and Government of the day;
- Collaborate with other Permanent Secretaries and key stakeholders to develop and achieve whole of government objectives;
- As a member of senior leaders forums, provide leadership in setting and implementing strategic change within the Solomon Islands Government and the Solomon Islands Public Service;
- Ensure a focus on capacity development, using available resources and advice to improve in manner the staff, systems and processes of the OPMC; and
- Promote and uphold the values and principles of the Solomon Islands Public Service Code of Conduct.
8.0 Key Relationships
- Reports to: The Honorable Prime Minister on the implementation of ministerial and government policies and programs and to the Chairman of the Public Service Commission on employment and matters as well as co-ordination with the Secretary to Cabinet on the implementation of government policies and programs.
- Coordinates with: The Honorable Prime Minister, Cabinet Office, Secretary to Cabinet, other Permanent Secretaries, relevant national and international stakeholders.
10.0 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Academic: Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated extensive experience in a field or fields relevant to the provision of high level advice to Government, the management of a ministry, and the advancement of Government policy objectives.
11.0 Selection Criteria
Within the context of the responsibilities of the position and the ministry being managed:
- Demonstrated ability to strategically manage and coordinate the operations of an organization for the effective delivery of agreed outputs;
- Demonstrated high level leadership skills including the ability to inspire, align and mobilize entire units or organizations to implement change;
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with peers and other key internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of government operations and the work of the ministry including in sight into current and possible future policies; practices and trends for the purpose of providing effective and practical strategic policy advice;
- Knowledge of or the ability to obtain knowledge of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures relating to Government and public administration, and the Office of the Prime Minister, including the Constitution, subordinate legislations and government rules and regulations
- Demonstrated commitment to public service and the core principles of the Solomon Islands Public Service Code of Conduct.
12.0 Condition of Service
- As per contract
13.0 Closing Date: 9th September 2016