CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Solomon Airlines Ltd is seeking the services of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the growth of the Airline into the future. Heading the airlines management team, reporting to the Board of Directors, CEO will:
- Assist the Board in charting a course forward and manage the dynamics of Solomon Airlines International and Domestic Operations under the frame work of the Statement of Corporate Objectives 2020-2022 and State-Owned Enterprises Act of 2007 and Regulations (2010);
- Carry out the strategies, policies and plans approved by the Board;
- Lead, manage and control the organizations activities;
- Maintain people policies and practices that are appropriate and motivating;
- Keep the Board informed on the status of performance and other matters so that Directors can carry out their responsibilities;
- Propose to the Board strategies, plans, changes and initiatives that would improve long-term performance of the Airline.
Applicants must have strong and credible airline background with extensive experience in senior management and complex negotiation of airline related contracts and agreements. The successful person must also be able to demonstrate previous record of successfully managing a business and change. A proven leader, with analytical skills and strategic vision, the successful candidate must have proven interpersonal and communication skills commensurate to the role.
As the demands and the challenges of the airline business continue to grow and become more and more complex, the CEO must have an established strong and reputable network within the airline industry. As the Accountable Manager and holder of several AOC’s, the successful applicant must qualify as a fit and proper person under ICAO standards.
Ideally, the person should have continuously held an Accountable Manager’s position in the last five (5) years.
The remuneration package to be offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Written applications with copies of qualifications and names of three (3) referees and clearly marked “CEO Advertisement” should be directed to:
Board of Directors Solomon Airlines Limited PO Box 23
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 10th July 2020