Solomon Islands National Youth Awards
The Solomon Islands National Youth Award seeks to promote active citizenship by honoring and profiling young Solomon Islanders (15 -34 years old), who have made outstanding achievements in their field, are inspirational role models and have contributed in a significant way to our nation.
All nominations to reach the Ministry of Women, Youth Children & Family Affairs by or not later than 30th May 2019, as late nomination may not be considered.
The winners for both awards will be officially announced through the Media. The recipients of the awards will then be honored at an awards ceremony. Our media partners will also be keen to profile the recipients and promote their works in the community.
A young and a young woman will be recognized for excellence in each of the following categories:
- Music Art and Culture
- Community / Church Work and Leadership
- Science and Innovation
- Differently Abled
- Life Rehabilitation – award to recognize a young person who has made a significant improvement in their life under difficult circumstances and is now making a positive contribution to society
Nominees must be:
- 15 – 34 years old;
- A citizen of Solomon Islands;
- Nominated by someone else;
- An individual; and
- Not employed by the Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs (MWYCFA) at the time of nomination.
Anyone wishing to nominate a young person for an award must complete the attached nomination form and return it to the Ministry of Women, Youth and Children Affairs (MWYCFA) via:
- Mail: PO Box G39, Honiara; or
- Hand delivery: MWYCFA, Level 4, Anthony Saru Building, Point Cruz
The nominator must not be be a close relative of the nominee
The Solomon Islands National Your Awards is delivered in partnership with government ministries, national institutions, sporting bodies, provincial governments, youth stakeholders and other sponsors.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see above and attached