REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Independent State of Papua New Guinea
Water Supply and Sanitation Development
Credit No. :IDA-59400
Assignment Title: TC 25/2018 – WATER ENGINEER
Reference No. :PG-WPNG-17191-CS-INDV
The Independent State of Papua New Guinea has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Water Supply and Sanitation Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. Water PNG is one of two Implementing Agencies under the project. To assist implementation of the project, Water PNG now wishes to employ a consultant under the World Banks Individual Consultant Selection Procurement Method as the Water Engineer.
The primary role of the Engineer is to support the achievement of cost-effective, efficient and sustainable infrastructure in line with state-of-the art water engineering practices. This will include assisting preparatory activities, procurement and implementation of works and consultancies. The Engineer will also support Water PNG in the development of its technical management models and tools.
Water PNG now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The responsibilities of the Water Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of (i) bidding documents for Water Engineering works (including drawings, bill of quantities, cost estimates, technical specifications and qualification requirements) and related prequalification documents (ii) requests for proposals for consultancy services (including terms of reference, price schedules, cost estimates and qualification requirement) and related requests for expression of interest.
- Assistance to the management of procurement activities, such as responses to bidders’ technical questions, pre-bid conferences, etc.
- Assist in the technical evaluation of bids and proposals, and when needed support discussions with contractors or consultants proposed for award.
Details of the key tasks and duties of the Water Engineer are detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment and are available on request.
This engagement is anticipated to be for period of 4 years. The initial contract will be for 3 years with an option to extend the contract for an additional year. This extension will be done at the sole discretion of Water PNG and subject to satisfactory performance and the availability of funds. A 3-month probation period will apply. The Water Engineer will report to the Project Coordinator.
The Water Engineer shall possess the following skills, knowledge and competencies;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the design and /or supervision of urban water and sanitation infrastructure activities.
- Effective verbal, analytical and written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents.
A Master’s degree in the field of engineering in the field of water, construction or environmental services is preferable, but not essential. Familiarity with World Bank of Asian Development Bank, procurement guidelines and procedures is desirable but not essential.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers’ dated January 2011 (revised July 2014). (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting for the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultants selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained with the individual consultants selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (0800 to 1630)
Ground Floor & Level 2
Hubert Murray Highway, 2 Mile
Main Phone: 303 1600
Or alternatively, please contact the following
Ms Jacquetta Simet
Tel: +675 3031 600
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail, or by e-mail) by 26th October 2018; 16:30pm;
Emailed applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE CLEARLY LABELLED ON ENVELOPE OR IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT AS GIVEN BELOW:
Assignment Title: TC 25/2018 – Water Engineer
Reference No: PG-WPNG-17191-CS-INDV