SOLOMON ISLANDS GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
Technical Advisor (consultancy services) to Develop the Solomon Island Whole Educator
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK & Implementation Plan
- Provision of Technical Adviser to Develop the Solomon Islands Whole Educator Professional Development Framework & Implementation Plan S26/19
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of the Whole Educator Professional Development Frameworkis to:
1. Provide a set of domains to guide educators in their development as educators of learners from early childhood to tertiary level. The Framework is applicable to all educators working across and within all educational institutions in the Solomon Islands as guidance for best practice.
2. Guide the design, implementation and evaluation of all professional development activities and programmes delivered by education providers, in fact everyone with a role in choosing or designing professional development for all educators in the Solomon Islands.
Estimated period: 90 days
MEHRD’s main office Tongs Building in Point Cruz, Honiara, Solomon Islands.
Qualification and Experience
1. Minimum of a degree in education or field related to this area of work
2. Excellent English language communication skills; written and oral
3. Knowledge and experience of contemporary best practices in Professional Learning and Development
4. Experience in undertaking policy review
5. Understanding of the link between teacher capability, self-assessment and planning for future PD
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in group facilitation
7. Proven ability to provide guidance to a taskforce or committee
8. An ethical approach and ability to always uphold code of conduct
9. Proven experience working with local, provincial, national and international organisations
10. Ability to analyse and synthesise relevant information to the benefit of MEHRD
11. Organised and responsible
12. Ability to meet deadlines
13. Demonstrates Initiative and resourcefulness
1. Experience in the Solomon Islands Education system or a similar setting
2. Higher qualification or equivalent experience
3. Fluency in Solomon Islands Pijin language
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Solomon Islands Government Procurement Manual and Financial Instructions.
The Terms of Reference and Request for Proposal can be collected at the Procurement and Contract Management Office, Level 3 Tongs Building, Point Cruz or by contacting Theresa Saveke via email TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sb
Proposals must be delivered to the email address: TSaveke@mehrd.gov.sbor to the address below by 14:00 on 31STof October 2019.
The Permanent Secretary