Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable ,affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands .our vision is about energizing our Nation.
We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
We are looking for committed, driven and passionate individuals to join our team in the following roles:
Manager Business Performance
This role reports to the General Manager Corporate Service and its primary role is to deliver high quality, timely and sound business performance, monitoring, reporting and management.
- This role evolved from the previous ‘Manager Legal & Contract Services’ position & is leveraged to provide Solomon Power with specialist advice, solutions and improvements to business performance via commercially based approaches and techniques; from a sound legal position, that is compliant and with the appropriate risk management treatments
- Assist Solomon Power meeting its corporate objectives while managing risk
- Monitor strategic performance management :monitoring and report on Solomon Power’s (non – financial) business performance ,risk management responses;governance,legal and compliance obligations
- Coordinate organizational responses, divisional/departmental work plans: communicating ,monitoring and evaluation of organizational key result area ,key performance indicators, risk profiles & corresponding treatment plans: and organizational performance
- Act as the main conduit for sourcing commercially focused specialist advice and service, for example legal advice, when required form external sources for major agreements ,risk management responses, strategic regulatory issued and other significant issues which form the basis of Solomon Power’s operations and performance
BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS :
Key Result Areas
Management of legal function
- Strategic performance management
- Risk Management
- Process management
- Leadership and Management
QUALIFICATION ,SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated with a degree, which is a relevant tertiary qualification for example in business, commercial or legal or a similar discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a commercial environment providing high levels of commercially focused advice on key business issues.
- Proven interpersonal skills and excellent business acumen skills
- Ability to work both autonomously, and as a member of a variety of teams.
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into documents and action plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including IT knowledge
Key Behaviours :
- Ethical with high integrity
- Professional ,responsible and accountable
- Team player, including team leadership attributes
Applications close Friday 21st April, 2017.
Please contact Levan Respioh on telephone number 30980 for role statements for the “Manager Internal Audit “and “Manager Performance; or email: recruitment@Solomon power.com.sb. If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of the Solomon power team, send in your application with your updated CV detailing your qualification, relevant experience with referee details. This should be forwarded no later than the date mentioned. All applications should be clearly marked stating the role you are applying for and forwarded to:
Manager Human Resources & Administration, Solomon Power, PO Box 6, HONIARA.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants however only those qualified will be screened and only those selected for an interview will be contacted