Solomon Islands Electricity Authority T/A Solomon Power aims to provide a safe, reliable ,affordable and accessible supply of electricity to the Solomon Islands .our vision is about energizing our Nation.
We are working with our stakeholders towards Nation building through increasing the footprint of the electricity network and making electricity accessible and affordable to more people in the Solomon Islands.
We are looking for committed, driven and passionate individuals to join our team in the following roles:
Manager Internal Audit
This role reports to the finance & Audit Sub Committee of the Solomon Power Board (Functional Report)and to General Manager Corporate Services (Administrative Reports)
- The role has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit function, and provides expert and commercially focused direction and advice for the internal Audit Function including its activities, program, plans budget and resources.
- To develop a risk plan and a flexible annual audit program that includes direct involvement in the planning and implementation of a risk based strategic plan, and the process related to risk assessment and management for Solomon Power.
- This also includes the planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, and regulatory and compliance related audits and reviews with the secondary responsibility of providing timely and expert advice on internal controls.
Key Result Area:
- Lead and Manage the Internal Audit business objectives
- Plan and execute audits
- Timely and precise reporting for the Internal Audit function
- Accurate and updated advice to ensure Solomon Power meets its obligations
- Advice ,support and training
- Leadership & management
QUALIFICATION ,SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in commerce, Accounting or Auditing and preferable a Certified Internal Auditor(CIA) or Certified Practicing Accounting (CPA)
- At least 3 years as an Internal Auditor in a similar operation with experience and skills in devising and managing audit and risk strategies in alignment with strategic business objectives
- Proven experience in setting priorities, and determine resource requirements, short or long term goals and strategies to achieve them
- Effectively communicate and express information in oral and Written presentation
- Demonstrate strong leadership in developing and managing Internal Audit activities
- Proven Interpersonal skills and excellent business acumen skills
- Ability to work both autonomously, and as a member of a variety of teams
- Ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into documents and actions plan
- Knowledge of information technology; experience with contemporary management information systems
Applications close Friday 21st April, 2017.
Please contact Levan Respioh on telephone number 30980 for role statements for the “Manager Internal Audit “and “Manager Performance; or email: recruitment@Solomon power.com.sb. If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of the Solomon power team, send in your application with your updated CV detailing your qualification, relevant experience with referee details. This should be forwarded no later than the date mentioned. All applications should be clearly marked stating the role you are applying for and forwarded to:
Manager Human Resources & Administration, Solomon Power, PO Box 6, HONIARA.
Solomon Power thanks all applicants however only those qualified will be screened and only those selected for an interview will be contacted