INVITATION TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Recruitment Agency: Ministry of Infrastructure Development (MID)
Duration: 10 months: September 2017 to 30 June 2018
The Solomon Islands Government (SIG) having entered into an agreement with the World Bank to finance the Rapid Employment Project (REP) has recently received an additional financing. The total project currently is estimated to cost US$ 13.1 million to continuously run until middle of 2018 will require the services of a specialized staff to continue to support project implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- erform procurement process management to ensure timely delivery of procurement of goods, works and services, vendor management, procurement reporting and outputs;
- In the interim period during the remaining months (estimated duration of 10 months) of the current REP until approval of successor project or REP-2, he/she shall assist in preparation activities and tasks required by the new project, such as preparation of procurement plan for the initial 18 months of REP-2, and in the preparation of an updated PPSD (Project Procurement Strategy for Development)
a. Academic Qualifications
Successful applicants will have a strong knowledge of Project Management. The prospective candidate should have:
- professional purchasing and logistics qualification and/or at least a diploma in project management or any related discipline;
- at least 2 years’ experience working on development projects.
b. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Fluency in English (listening, reading, writing, speaking); knowledge of local Solomon Islands languages would be desirable. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- High integrity and accountability in all aspects of project procurement
Closing date for applications: 23 August 2017
Send your applications addressed to:
2/F Old BSP Building,
For further queries and information, please contact:
Tina Nimoa Maena’a
CLO & Acct. Procurement Officer, REP-MID,
Tel No: 21173