Solomon Islands Government
MINISTRY OF FISHERIES AND MARINE RESOURCES
P.O.Box G2, Honiara, Solomon Islands
The Solomon Islands Government has received financing from the World Bank and the Global Environment Facility to be one of the first four Pacific Island Countries (PICs) to participate in the Pacific Island Regional Oceanscape Program (PROP), together with the Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA). The objective of the PROP is to strengthen the management of selected pacific Island oceanic and Coastal fisheries, and the critical habitats upon which they depend. The Ministry of Fisheries and Marine resources (MFMR) is the implementing agency for the PROP in the Solomon Islands.to support project implementation, MFMR is seeking qualified personnel for this key position:
PROP NATIONAL COORDINATOR
Required experience and educational background
- Minimum of Undergraduate degree in the area of economics, development studies, resource management, ocean governance or project management or other relevant field. Post-graduate degree is desirable; minimum 5 years relevant work experience; Previous experience in project management with proven ability to coordinate and manage project work
- Experience in recruiting, managing, guiding, motivating and monitoring staff members and consultants;
- Experience in report writing, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing;
- Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner; and excellent computer skills; words, excel and email
- Willingness to travel within country and internationally if required
- Knowledge of fisheries management measures at regional, sub-regional and national level with a focus on strengthening of fisheries management is highly desirable; Previous experience working regional bodies and /or other international organizations.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Expression of interest letter addressing the criteria
- Update CV, transcripts & certificate of academic achievements
- Names and contact of at least 2 referees which include previous or current employers
Please confirm the complete Terms of Reference from the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources. All applications must be forwarded in sealed envelopes clearly stating the vacancy Name and addressed to the:
Ministry of Fisheries & Marine Resources
P O Box G2
Honiara, Solomon Islands
For further information please contact feral Lasi on Tel: 39143 or Email FLasi@fisheries.gov.sb to obtain soft copies of terms of reference.
Closing date for all applications is at 4:30pm Friday 6th October 2017.