The Senior Programs Manager will be based in the Country Office and will oversee all the overall program implementation and monitoring. This is the most senior local position who will oversee a total of 87 team members in the operations (Programs) Department. This position supervises two Deputy Programs (Operations) Manager positions that provide oversight to all six (6) area Program Managers and Five (5) Sector Programs Managers and all the field team. The Position is also a second liner for the Country Director Position in the near future.
The person for this position will be able to guide, coach and orchestrate supports to the Programs (Operations) Leadership Team to equip field team and Country Office Support Team to executing effective programs implementation. The person for this position will take lead in facilitating capacity building and in managing staff performance under his/her supervision.
Provide close oversights on all projects implementations to be on time, on budget and on target (meeting indicators) with clear pathways to local sustainability. The person will provide regular review of programs budgets, expenditures and the accomplishment of programs outputs and outcomes. The person is also expected to be on top of programs issues, anticipate and close collaborations with two deputy programs managers.
Strategic Alignment and Programs Development
Ensure integration across sectors to optimize programs impact to the most marginalized population the person orchestrate advocacy to promote evidence based good by only communities and partners and where possible to be integrated into SIG programs, policy and budget. The person will facilitate alignment of programs implantation with World Vision’s organizational policies (finance, human resources, procurement and communication) and donor’s requirements in collaboration with senior management teams. The person will also need to work with the Grants Manager to assess new funding opportunities and contribute to new programs development.
Representation and Networking
In coordination with the Country Director to represent World Vision at meetings with SIG, donors and other development partners. In the absence of Country Director the person will also act as Country Director as part of his/her professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies, Rural Development, Public Health, Economics, Social Work Gender studies, project Management or other related degrees.
- Minimum of five (5) years programs management experience with local or international development organizations, donors or government agencies in Solomon Islands/Pacific. In absence of formal degrees, a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experiences.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills and ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent communicator and it sensitivity to local culture Solid relationship management skills especially in cross cultural environment.
- Good ability to anticipate and manage risks, analyses and solve problems, persuade, establish and nurturing network and good negotiation skills.
- Calm and able to work gracefully under pressure.
- Commitment to World vision’s Vision Mission and six Core Values (http://www.wvi.org/vision-and-values-0)
- Ability to travel to remote areas (45%)
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and Internet.
For further information of the above positions, please request a copy of the Job Description from World Vision Solomon Islands Office, Off Mendana Avenue, Honiara City Council Round about or Provincial world vision SI Office if there is an office located in your province.
All applications should be addressed to:
People & Culture Department,
World Vision Solomon Islands Country Office,
P.O.Box 1359, Honiara.
Application can be mailed to the above address or hand delivered to your nearest located Province
Contact the People & Culture Department on Phone: 23092 or 20055 ext. 208 for more information.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 25th November 2016, at 4:30pm
World vision is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encourage to apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS WITHOUT CURRICULUM VITAE (CV) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.